Here at Barbagallo we are always committed to the safety and well-being of our staff and customers. Therefore, wearing masks and checking in via the SafeWA app is compulsory at all of our locations . If you prefer to deal with us by phone or email, please let us know and we can happily accommodate you.
For the third year in a row, the Volvo XC60 is named Drive Car Of The Year, Luxury Medium SUV
The XC60 is the perfect mid-size SUV. Having won multiple awards over the last few years it is easy to see why. Not only is the XC60 extremely stylish, it is packed with various safety features that come as standard across all variations of the model.
These Awards include:
- Drive Car of the Year – Luxury Medium SUV 2020
- Wheels Gold Star Awards 2019
- Wheel Car of the Year 2018
- Australia’s Best Cars – 2018 AWD SUV $65k-$125k
- Drive Car of the Year – Luxury SUV under $80K 2018
- Drive Car of the Year – Safety Innovation 2017
- Drive Car of the Year – Luxury SUV under $80K 2017
- Good Design Award Gold Winner
There a range of Trim options to chose from when deciding on your perfect XC60. These include; Momentum, Inscription, R-Design & Polestar.
On top of all the standard features that come with your XC60, these trim options can elevate the look.
- An inspired travelling experience is assured with our generously equipped Momentum variant that will meet your highest expectations of style, comfort, safety, and design.
- Full LED headlights help you see and be seen. Our distinctive T-shaped light signature creates a unique identity, day or night.
- Beautiful details distinguish the XC60 Momentum, from the gloss black front grille insert and satin silk finish roof rails, todistinctive alloy wheels.
- Sleek and uncluttered, with carefully selected materials, the interior of the XC60 Momentum is contemporary Scandinavian design at its best.
- Advanced technology has a human feel in the XC60, including our highly responsive centre display with touch screen.
- Elegant refinement characterises the exclusive XC60 Inscription. It encapsulates our proud heritage of human-centric design and evokes a luxurious theme with its distinguished exterior styling cues and meticulously crafted interior.
- XC60 Inscription is distinguished by chrome trim for the front grille bars, lower outer grilles and side windows. An Inscription logotype features on the lower doors.
- Driftwood déco – a unique wood treatment influenced by our Swedish heritage – and a tailored dashboard enhance the feeling of luxury inthe XC60 Inscription.
- Sumptuous leather accented upholstery covers the seats, door panels and armrest. The same colour of leather is also used on the car’s remote control key fob.
- 20-inch alloy wheels with a bold design and diamond-cut finish enhances the confident character of the XC60.
- Enhance the muscular dynamism of the XC60’s styling with sportier design elements inside and out, and a more agile driving experience.
- R-Design trim gives the XC60 an imposing presence, with glossy black exterior details, bold alloy wheel designs and integrated tail pipes.
- Stiffer springs and shock absorbers provide even sharper handling, while steering wheel-mounted gear shifters keep you connected to the action.
- Contour seats in perforated upholstery set the tone for a true driver’s car, and provide exceptional support.
- 21 inch alloy wheels finished in our characteristic diamond-cut, gives the XC60 a bold look.
- Electrified power and optimised components create a thrilling performance SUV.
- The T8 Twin Engine plug-in hybrid powertrain features optimised engine software by Polestar to deliver even more exhilarating performance.
- Taking dynamic driving to a new level, with performance chassis components by Öhlins, performance brakes by Akebono and a strut bar for precise control.
- Bespoke forged alloy wheels enhance the sporting focus and reduce unsprung weight, for more precise, responsive handling.
- Glossy black details, exterior badges and unique interior features including gold-coloured safety belts express the progressive, exclusive spirit of Polestar Engineered.
Safety, like in all Volvo’s is a high priority for the XC60, Volvo aims for no one in a new Volvo to be seriously injured or killed by 2020. It was awarded a 5 Star ANCAP Safety rating and scored extremely well across the four key assessment criteria.
The four key assessment criteria for ANCAP are:
- Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) – Considers the level of protection offered by the vehicle to adult occupants seated in the front and second row in the most common types ofserious crashes
Child Occupant Protection (COP) – Evaluates the level of protection the vehicle offers to child occupants seated in appropriate child restraints in the rear seats. The ability to effectively accommodate a range of child retrains is also assessed.
- Vulnerable Road Uses Protection (VRU) – Assesses the design of the front of the vehicle to minimise injury risk to a struck pedestrian. Vehicles are also assessed on their ability to actively avoid or mitigate impacts with pedestrians and cyclists.
- Safety Assist (SA) – Evaluates the presence and effectiveness of active safety technologies fitted to the vehicle which assist the driver in preventing or minimising the effects of a crash.
- Seven Airbags: front, front side, curtain and driver knee – ensures that every passenger is safe in case of an accident.
- Adaptive cruise control, including Pilot Assist – Adaptive cruise control will adjust the speed of your car based on the speed of the traffic around you. Pilot Assist, is a driver-support function that helps make long journeys less tiring as it provides subtle steering adjustments in combination with the adaptive cruise control to suit the speed of your surroundings.
- Distance Alert – alerts you if the distance between you and the car in front of you is tooshort.
Lane keeping aid – helps you remain in your lane, avoids accidental swerving that couldcause an accident.
- Front collision mitigation support – uses Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) to top the car from colliding into a car in front of you.
- Blind Spot Information system with Cross traffic alert – alerts you if there is a car in your blind spot when changing lanes or merging. Cross traffic alert lets you know when a car is crossing in your path, this is useful when you are reversing out of a parking bay and cannot see oncoming traffic.
- Rear collision warning and mitigation support – If a vehicle approaches from behind and the car calculates that there’s a risk of collision, it helps alert the driver in the approaching vehicle behind by flashing your hazard lights at a high rate. If a collision still can’t be avoided, the Rear Collision Warning system tensions the front safety belts just before the impact.
- 360° Camera including Rear Parking Camera – makes parking a breeze as you can easily seeall your surroundings.
- Park assist pilot + park assist front and rear – further enhances ease of parking.
- Drive mode settings – these include; comfort, eco, off road, dynamic and individual.
- Hill start assist – prevents the car from rolling backwards when starting on a hill.
- Hill descent control – a low speed function with enhanced engine braking. The function makes it possible to increase or reduce vehicle speed on steep downhill gradients using only the accelerator pedal, without using the foot brake.
- Rain Sensor – automatically starts the windscreen wipers when rain is detected.
Interior Design & Features:
Volvo have stated that they design the interior of their cars like they would a living room. Therefore, they have used high-quality materials, intelligent use of space and attention to detail work together to create a warm, inviting environment.
The easy to read instruments on the dashboard along with the reduced number of buttons in the cabin not only provide a clean finish but also easy use of the car’s features. Four-Zone climate control ensures all passengers are comfortable and can chose their desired temperature.
The infotainment system is a breeze, with a 9” portrait screen along with Apple Car Play/Android Auto, making it extremely easy to contact loved ones or utilise the inbuilt navigation system if required.
If you enjoy caravanning or fishing, the maximum trailer weight (braked) of 2400kg (across all variants except T8 Polestar which is 2100kg) the XC60 can also easily tow a boat or caravan if desired.
The XC60 can be customised to your specification. Not only is the XC60 stylish and versatile it is extremely practical. The sleek interior design makes all function easy to use whilst still looking the part. The range of safety features that come as standard makes the XC60 even more appealing. If you are looking for a mid-sized SUV that is the whole package, the XC60 is for you.