The XC90 is the definition of a luxurious family car. With 7 seats as standard, the XC90 makes it extremely easy to safely transport your family around Perth.
Safety is synonymous with Volvo and is at the forefront of the XC90 with a wide range of safety features as standard. Scoring extremely well across the four assessment areas in ANCAP safety testing, the XC90 was awarded a five-star rating.
The four key assessment criteria for ANCAP are:
- Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) – Considers the level of protection offered by the vehicle to adult occupants seated in the front and second row in the most common types of serious crashes
- Child Occupant Protection (COP) - Evaluates the level of protection the vehicle offers to child occupants seated in appropriate child restraints in the rear seats. The ability to effectively accommodate a range of child retrains is also assessed.
- Vulnerable Road Uses Protection (VRU) - Assesses the design of the front of the vehicle to minimise injury risk to a struck pedestrian. Vehicles are also assessed on their ability to actively avoid or mitigate impacts with pedestrians and cyclists.
- Safety Assist (SA) - Evaluates the presence and effectiveness of active safety technologies fitted to the vehicle which assist the driver in preventing or minimising the effects of a crash.
- Seven Airbags: front, front side, curtain and driver knee – ensures that every passenger issafe in case of an accident.
- Adaptive cruise control, including Pilot Assist – Adaptive cruise control will adjust the speed of your car based on the speed of the traffic around you. Pilot Assist is a driver-support function that helps make long journeys less tiring as it provides subtle steering adjustments in combination with the adaptive cruise control to suit the speed of your surroundings.
- Distance Alert – alerts you if the distance between you and the car in front of you is too short.
- Lane keeping aid – helps you remain in your lane, avoids accidental swerving that could cause an accident.
- Front collision mitigation support – uses Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) to top the car from colliding into a car in front of you.
- Blind Spot Information system with Cross traffic alert – alerts you if there is a car in your blind spot when changing lanes or merging. Cross traffic alert lets you know when a car is crossing in your path, this is useful when you are reversing out of a parking bay and cannot see oncoming traffic.
- Rear collision warning and mitigation support – If a vehicle approaches from behind and the car calculates that there’s a risk of collision, it helps alert the driver in the approaching vehicle behind by flashing your hazard lights at a high rate. If a collision still can’t be avoided, the Rear Collision Warning system tensions the front safety belts just before the impact.
- 360° Camera including Rear Parking Camera – makes parking a breeze as you can easily see all your surroundings.
- Park assist pilot + park assist front and rear – further enhances ease of parking.
- Drive mode settings – these include; comfort, eco, off road, dynamic and individual.
- Hill start assist – prevents the car from rolling backwards when starting on a hill.
- Hill descent control - a low speed function with enhanced engine braking. The function makes it possible to increase or reduce vehicle speed on steep downhill gradients using only the accelerator pedal, without using the foot brake.
- Rain Sensor – automatically starts the windscreen wipers when rain is detected.
- Graphical head up display (although not available with heated windscreen) - projects information on to the windscreen so you don’t need to take your eyes off the road.
In addition to all of these safety features, the digital driver display in the XC90 ensures all the necessary information (such as travelling speed) is always in front of the driver and the brightness automatically adjusts to suit the surroundings.
With a spacious interior, the XC90 allows your family to comfortably use all 7 seats without feeling cramped. If you do not wish to use all the seats, the large boot space makes taking kids to and from school and grocery shopping effortless. If you are a fan of a flat pack from fellow Swedish brand IKEA, there is plenty of space in the boot to get your items home.
The infotainment system is a breeze, with a 9” portrait screen along with Apple Car Play/Android Auto, making it extremely easy to contact loved ones or utilise the inbuilt navigation system if required.
Whether you are on a long drive, or simply going to and from work, it is important to be comfortable. Some of the standard features of the seats in the XC90 include:
- Leather accent upholstery comfort seats
- Tailored Wool Blend upholstery (a no cost option instead of leather)
- Power adjustable front seats with memory
- 4-way power adjustable lumbar support
- Power cushion extension, front seats
- Heated Front Seats
- Integrated Booster Cushion, center rear seat
There are also a range of packs that can be purchased for your XC90. If you are a fan of heated seats and would like a massage while you drive, you may wish to consider:
The Comfort Pack:
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Ambient interior lighting
The Luxury Pack – Inscription, which includes:
- Massage in front seat
- Heated rear seat
- Heated steering wheel
- Fine Nappa Leather accent Comfort Seats, Perforated with seat ventilation
The Luxury Pack – R-Design
- Power Side Support
- Massage in Front Seat
- Heated Rear Seats·
- Heated Steering Wheel Fine Nappa
- Leather accent Comfort Seats, Perforated with seat ventilation
If you are looking to make your XC90 even more practical and enjoyable, you may like:
The Versatility Pack:
- Grocery Bag Holder
- Power Folding Headrest
- Rear Compass
- Power Outlet in Tunnel Console 230V
- Air Suspension with Four-C Active Chassis
The Lifestyle Pack
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Tinted Rear Windows
- Premium Sound System - Harman Kardon
The Premium pack
- Panornmic Sunroof
- Tinted Rear Windows
- Premium Sound System - Bowers and Wilkins
Please note, some of these packs are only available on higher specification XC90 models, for more information on what packs can be purchased on a particular model, please see page 4 of the specification sheet: https://assets.volvocars.com/au/~/media/australia/pdfs/my20-xc90/xc90-online-spec-sheet.pdf?la=en-au
As an All-Wheel Drive SUV, the XC90 is extremely versatile. Not only can you easily seat 7 people in the car, you will still have a decent boot space when the third row is being used. The XC90 is also suitable for towing with a maximum trailer weight (braked) of 2400 kg.
Whether you are looking for the perfect family car, or a comfortable large size SUV, the XC90 can do it all.